Friday, June 08, 2007

Shoulda Been a Cheerleader



I think that I may have missed my calling. I think that I would be an asset to a cheer squad. Now, I'm not talking about one of those teams that goes to competitions and does wicked awesome gymnastic moves. I'm talking about a crappy high school team - like the team at my high school. I am good at yelling and being fake peppy. "READY? OKAY! GIMME AN 'L'!" and so on and so on.
My birthday is this month and that makes me want to do fun things all the time.
One fun thing that I've been doing is thinking about sea lions a lot. I LOVE sea lions (and Sea Lion Woman). Thinking about sea lions has turned me into a giggle-bot. Aarrfff aarrrffff!
I am going crazy for an out of town adventure but my bank account tells me that now is not the right time. I tried to rope some people into taking a road trip to Montreal and it seemed like a good idea. But seriously, who has the time to drive to Montreal? I really wanted to go to some rock shows there. But instead, it looks like maybe I'll take a little trip to Calgary for some rock shows (Spoon is coming! Youpee!). And I'd be gone for my birthday which is perfect because lots of my peeps are busy that day and I am birthday centric and easily disappointed.
I've been happy for a week. That may not seem like a huge accomplishment but it's been awhile since I've been happy for a whole week. Thank you sea lions. Thank you sea lion Creator.

3 comments:

cayliedawn said...

hi angie.
1. i am going to calgary this friday and coming back to edmonton on saturday. want to come? to calgary, i mean? you could, if you wanted.
2. my sister and kelsey and i are going on a 9 day road trip, centred around vancouver, starting on august 19. want to come? we are staying at hostels and going to museums and maybe even some state fairs in seattle. i would really love for you to come.
cayliedawn

dargz said...

angie - do you realize how much sea lions stink? i mean, i'm really glad you're happy and i'm glad that sea lions do it for you, but really, they stink sooooo bad.

Heidi said...

We should work on a cheer for the Spoon concert! S-P-O-O-N