Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Follow Up

I forgot to update about the sad situation with the man who's wife passed away. He needed a bus ticket to get to her funeral - it was a 5 hour ride (way too long to hitchike). Finding a Greyhound ticket is almost impossible. I usually just tell people that I have no access to one and pass the buck (I just don't have time to track one down). Well, this situation was different. Thank goodness for discernment. My first instinct was to try Central Baptist. I am a member and I know that once a month we take up an extra offering for meeting the special needs of the community. I called and there was no one in the office authorized to make such a decision, but they promised to call me back. So I called a few more churches in the meantime. No one bit. Central called back right away and thought it was a great idea. My friend made it to the funeral in time. What a blessing. I drove him to the bus station and asked him for a hug and he complied. I was teary and I asked for a hug. I threw my professional boundaries out the window and I don't regret it for a second. Still a very sad story, but the church pulled through...better ending than I was expecting. (Maybe I should expect a little more...)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Glad your expectations were exceeded - always nice to see the good that can come along with the bad.