Saturday, June 16, 2007

Sad Day

First of all, I would just like to say that people only think I look like Lisa Loeb because of the glasses. That's it. We all know that's it. Just because my visual aid is a permanent fixture on my face and Lisa Loeb's "visual aid" is a permanent fixture on her face does not mean that we look alike. Okay? Okay.

Secondly, I helped with evicting homeless people yesterday. It was one of the most bizarre and sickingly sad events of my life. The B Centre was forced to ask people to move their camps out of our parking lot. I don't know how we got to this place where we so obviously disregard the value of some lives. (One amusing moment during the eviction was when a umm, verbose camper was talking to the camera and asked Mayor Howie Mandel to do something about the situation. I admit it, I giggled).
Check out the story here.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I am glad that you at least got to laugh a little. I am so sorry you had to be a part of that. I hope change is coming.

Anonymous said...

i am too lazy to read the story you linked, but i like the "mayor howie mandel" bit. genius.