Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Best Present

Today I remembered how last year Mike T. wrote and recorded me a birthday song and then did an airband to it. That was my best present ever.
Speaking of best presents...I had the most bizarre work interaction today. This person who was just stopping through town asked for support with a couple things before she continued on her way back home. About 4o minutes into our conversation she tells me that I "fascinate her". It may not sound creepy, but it was. I told her it was inappropriate, etc. and then she changed it to "this centre fascinates me," and then told me that I'm a genius that, um, fascinates her. Then she saw a paper on my notice board about transitional housing, and how she'd like to stay in the city and work with me on a daily basis. (At this point, she began to tap her fingers like I was tapping mine. I promptly stopped tapping). I told her that I couldn't work with her because she's being inappropriate, and there are other workers that would be better suited for her needs. She responds with: but I'd go into "Angela withdrawal". Yeah, this is like 5o minutes into meeting each other, and she was gonna go into withdrawal? Hmmm.....? So I had to go "check a fax" and what do I hear but my new friend moaning "Aannnngela..... Aannnngela...... Aannnngela.....". OH. MY. GOODNESS. Yeah. I really encouraged her to hop on the midnight bus going home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

justina says...

that is CREEPY

Anonymous said...

that is freaking nuts! i wonder if she is at a point of desperation or what, or if you were just really cool in her eyes. it is kind of sad. how is it that people can become so lonely/insane. good thing she didn't try to steal your identity. not to freak you out or anything but wouldn't it be funny if you came to work and there was this person who was dressed like you and behaved like you in every way, and had moved into your office! anyway...

Heidi said...

Yikes. Well Angie that is the risk you run when you are so damn good looking.
I know a client of mine who would be perfect for her. This was his latest rhyme for me:
"Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am good looking
But not as much as you."
A match made in heaven I think.

ms. maybe said...

Maybe you should help him make a facebook profile and I'll help her make a profile and then they can become friends, and then...