Wednesday, February 06, 2008

So Long Friends...

Okay, so I'm not a super internet-y kind of gal. I like it. I use it. But I'm not the person you go to hear about new cool things on this world wide web. I obsessively look on real estate sites to find the perfect home for my community. I read my friends blogs. I sometimes check the news. And that's about it. Well, the times, they are a-changin'. I love the blogosphere. I love how indulgent it is. I love how strangers can stumble upon my ramblings and become instantly bored. I love how I can get to know intimate details of a person's life that I will never know. I love it, I love it, I love it. So, my new hobby is reading the blogs of strangers. It feels a bit uncomfortable and creepy but I'm willing to suck it up for the sake of entertainment. From now on my internet time will be divided as follows: emailing 30%; real estate 10%; facebook 10%; blog-related activities 50%. I am very, very excited about this new arrangement. One more change, I have decided to change the break down of my days: sleep 8.5 hours; eating/cooking/grocery shopping 1.5 hours; work 8 hours; exercise 1 hour; neti pot .25 hours; thinking about unicorns and/or Scott Baio .25 hours; bathroom .5 hours; internet 5 hours. That leaves no time for real life friends. Sorry. It was nice while it lasted.  

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey give me the goods on some interesting blogs to read. Your and Justina's are the only two I check out. I got nervous when i read the title today i thought you were going to stop writing your blog! You can't stop seeing me I your Scott Baio connection - speaking of which I have the finale ready for viewing whenever you are available.

kelseydawn said...

i usually combine work and interneting. im so...efficient.

i'm doing it RIGHT NOW.

ms. maybe said...

you ARE efficient. Good work. Yes, I linked you - I maybe should have asked, but...SURPRISE!

ms. maybe said...

Heidi: I'm sorry, dear friend, but you will have to find your own people to creep out.