Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring is Here. Buh Bye Snow. Buh Bye Sadness.




I know that spring is here because my shoes are muddy and Belle and Sebastian sound better than ever. I also feel happy. That is not a new emotion for my life, but over the past few months, it definitely has not been a salient theme. Blah, and grrrrr, and "oh angry crap" are what I am accustomed to. The sun shining and a new position at work are two welcome additions to my life. I've decided that I have clung onto sadness for long enough and I will now identify with health and a love of life. I've thought about making happiness a priority, but as B&S have reminded me, "Happiness is not for keeping/Happiness is not my goal". I'm trying to celebrate the good of life. As I really dig lists these days, here are a few reasons to celebrate this season of life:

1. love. Two people that I love love each other and have just decided to love each other for forever!!!
2. ankle season. I can finally pull out my short pants and skirts and let the ankles enjoy the sun.
3. breakfast. Yesterday after a near panic attack I managed to make my way to R&A's for eggs with friends. Thank you Jesus for friends and food!
4. coffee. It not only tastes good - it's also something to look forward to. And...Jesus really likes hanging out with me on the way to find coffee, during the drinking part, and the reading and writing that often accompany it.
5. watermelon. I love watermelon so much. I usually end up eating too much and then I get a stomach ache. But it's not like the stomach aches that I usually get. It's a stomach ache that goes away. Yessss!!!!
6. the library. Think books. Think music. Think low yearly fee.
7. swimming pools. Actually I think pools are the dirtiest, sickest, "make me touch that water and I'll instantly die or vomit - pick you poison" kinda places. I hate swimming pools - but I love not being around them.
8. walking. Healthy low cost activity. With each footstep I reconnect with creation and the Creator.
9. community. I love and need the community that I have, and I wanna live in intentional community hopefully sooner rather than later (see Confession and Dream for the Good Life). I'm hosting a talk, dream, pray time about community, Thursday March 29th 7:00 pm. Come.
10. dancing. I know I talk about dancing too much, but that's only because I think about it too much. On Friday, I organized a dance party with my colleagues to enjoy our upstairs that will soon be turned into cubicles. I had four lovely ladies join me. It was probably the weirdest thing I've ever done.
11. sleep. When you're sleeping, you're not awake.

Buh bye winter. See you later. Maybe next time we meet I'll have a SAD light. Maybe I'll share it with my friends.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

yeah to spring. i'm so glad that i didn't come home to crappy weather. i missed a dance party! congrats on your new job.