Thursday, March 15, 2007

Finally in Love


I went to the mall yesterday because I cried when I was making coffee and I thought: hey, life sucks, maybe I should buy headphones that work and return a pair of crack-tastic jeans. So I went to the mall and I did what I needed to do and I stopped into the pet store. At the store I took a peek at the puppies and I fell in love with a pug. I have never really been interested in the pug. I believed pugs to be unattractive and because I am shallow I totally undervalued the little guys. Well was I ever wrong. I mean I connected with that puppy. We understood each other. He was a bit of a wiener and I feel like a wiener much of the time. He was irritating his oppressed cage-mate. Just like me. And he looked a little grumpy. Just like me. Years ago my friend Jeff was comparing people to animals. Lauryn was a swan. Graceful, beautiful, lovely. I was a pug. Short, wrinkly, blah. I did not like that label. But perhaps Jeff was just dabbling in the prophetic. Thus sayeth the Lord: the Angie will one day fall in love with a pug. Amen? Amen.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

That is one CUTE dog - you are cute too! I always enjoy reading your blog.