Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Boring Blog About A Boring Blog or Self Love, Self Love, Funny Funny Self Love


I was walking with two dear friends yesterday afternoon and I mentioned, as I often do, how I find myself more amusing, witty, and overall interesting than anyone else ever could. I don't think I am alone in finding myself absolutely hilarious, but I do feel somewhat isolated in how I embrace my level of engagement. There were a few people that we narrowed down that fall into this category. I am somewhat perplexed that this group of people would be in the minority. I mean, how could I NOT find myself interesting. I read books that I like. I participate in cultural events that I find enjoyable. I listen to good music. I talk about topics that I find thrilling. I make jokes that I immediately understand. How could one not find oneself entirely interesting?? Yet, I still feel that I am in the minority. Perhaps it is the amount of time and energy that I expend on expressing how totally hilarious I find myself that is in the minority. My mom is a very funny woman - and she finds herself very funny but I don't think she realizes she finds herself entertaining. Maybe I'm at a higher level of self awareness than most other people. Maybe I need to find more hobbies than most other people. Maybe.
I decided to make a myspace page to convince more people to read what I write. Starved for attention? Maybe.

4 comments:

cayliedawn said...

angie,

hi! i like you! i am glad you sent that mass e-mail telling people to go to your blog/your myspace account, because i like hearing about your life.

i think the same way you do about myself. mostly. i really really like myself and the things that i do in the context of myself, but lots i start to compare myself with other people, and i feel totally inferior.

i don't know you as well as you know you, but you're definitely in my top bracket for witty/interesting/intelligent/good dancing people.

Anonymous said...

Dear Angie,
The world is smaller than my EDEL 305 teacher's brain. And that is small. why?

1) Caylie. I know her. And there she was, leaving a comment before me.
2)I found your blog through myspace which ironically enough I found Caylie through.
3)I read every single blog entry. I love blogs, it's what I do. I have had an infected belly button and excema on my eyelids (which comes back yearly). hello brio sis? I think so.

oh. this will show as anonymous. My name is Michelle Powles. You know me. don't pretend you don't.

Heidi said...

Hey friend. I personally think you are really awesome. You love yourself for good reason - maybe you can stop putting yourself down then! You make my blog look D-U-L-L

cayliedawn said...

whoa!!! michelle powles! i was just thinking about her, because i read on kaylin's myspace that her parents moved to edmonton! ahhhh! it's sick how everyone i used to know now only exists on myspace and blogspot. reunion dance party on angie's blogspot - tonight at 7 p.m. mountain standard time. bring your high-speed wireless internet.