Sunday, January 21, 2007

Confession and Dream for the Good Life

Confession:
Yesterday I was planning on going to a memorial for those that died to due to homelessness, but I ended up at the mall where I bought Mad Libs. Yikes.
Dream for the Good Life:
I want to live in community with people who live their lives close to Jesus. I want to live close to friends so I can share my life with junkies and prostitutes and people who are sick and people who are poor. Then they can become friends and stop being my clients. Currently I'm giving people towels so they can shower, but I'm not sharing my life with people. I think it is more feasible for me to move into the inner city with intentional community rather than go solo. It will be safer (good PR for potentially worried family). And there will be opportunities for things like a car share and a community garden. Oh boy this is gonna be awesome.
Okay, so this is the plan: I will meet with people who want to relocate to the downtown. We will talk, dream and pray about this idea. We will brainstorm what we would like the building to feel like. We will pray for the downtown. We will pray for each other. We will pray together. We will be community now. We will ask God to move. God will move. God will show us where to go. God will show us when to go. We will go. God will move into the building before us. God will show us what it means to love our neighbor. We will make mistakes. We will have successes. We will see Jesus in those around us.
Well, I'm sold.
We will be meeting Sunday Jan 29 at 7:00 chez moi. Any takers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a place I want to be, Angie. Looking forward to chatting and praying about community again. Thanks for hanging out with me this weekend.