Monday, March 19, 2007

Rah! Rah! Rah! for The City I Love


So I just found out that people don't like Edmonton. I thought it was just punk-ass kids and the elderly who didn't like it because "it's boring/cold". I decided to compile (an entirely incomplete) list of reasons I love Edmonton.

1. Good places to eat (R & A's Grill, the Sugarbowl, my kitchen)
2. That boy that used to work for Starbucks, that TA, the guy on the bus, the guy getting off the bus. I could go on and on and on...
3. Hawksley Workman comes often and last time he sang "Claire Fontaine" at McDougall United and it was awesome
4. It's the birthplace of Candeo
5. Good people
6. Good dance parties
7. Good dancers
8. Airband parties
9. People that attend airband parties
10. Church picnics. Okay, this one isn't so much about Edmonton or liking picnics. I just remembered something and decided to vent. If you're going to a church picnic and you're going to play frisbee, then leave your shirt on. Okay? Stripping down at the beach is one thing. Stripping down at a picnic put on by the church is, like, a totally different thing.
Let's try #10 again.
10. Great waste management system. Can you say compost??

Edmonton, I love you. Please don't ever leave me. I may leave you one day, but I think it would be better if I rejected you. You know, for the kids.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I love Edmonton too! I mean I am here on the coast and loving it but it is not home. Oh and what could be better than West Edmonton Mall.

Anonymous said...

angie!
i love that you love edmonton as much as i do, and for many of the same reasons. also, i love that you are as much of a crush whore as i am.
want to hang out on canada day? it's my most favorite day of all days, and i usually spend it enjoying OUR FAVORITE CITY!!! lemme know.
scout some dance parties out for april for me, kay? buh-bye.

Anonymous said...

You are FUNNY. And I'll try not to strip down at the next picnic.
ET