Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Hit and Run

I am almost 30. Just thought I should get that out in the open. In less than 2 years I will be 30. And that's okay. It will all be okay.
I had a really good birthday weekend. I took off Friday and Monday and today is Canada Day so I was able to really extend the birthday. I had a fun party on Friday. There was a fire and an airband and love. The next day I was very sick because I had a deep tissue massage on Friday and I neglected to drink 20 litres of water and I was super dehydrated. Ha. Sunday was my birthday and I ate a cookie during church and then I saw some family. My middle brother ended up coming! He is making some changes to his life and he's doing so well. It was really good to see him. 
I went to Heidi's after the family gathering. I decided to go out and get sushi because I was hungry and I like to eat every day. I drove and on my way back I was involved in a hit and run with a pedestrian. I was at a red light as it turned green I started to drive. I didn't see anyone in front of me and then bang! This girl ran into my side mirror and then continued running to the sidewalk. I waited a few seconds to see if she was alright and then she kept on running. I was upset because she could have been hurt. But she ran into me. I tried to track her down but I couldn't find her. Happy Birthday to me.  
Yesterday I convinced Heidi to hang out with me yet again. I wanted to find a top for a skirt for a function in a few weeks. We went to the big mall. I found a jacket that looked very promising. I went to try it on with a skirt that I brought from home and then realized that I didn't have my bag with me. I freaked. I retraced my steps and eventually I went to the right store and it was behind the counter. Whew. That would have sucked. The jacket worked. The outfit is now complete. I am ready to party in a fancy kind of way. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Glad you had a fun weekend - I did too. You are the best cake maker ever.