Friday, July 25, 2008

Stick Shifts and Tractor Pulls

I totally need a vacation. I have taken to yelling at clients on a regular basis and I don't even feel bad about it. I think justified anger is almost never justifiable. It's usually a bad sign in my life. I was pissed yesterday because I busted my butt finding accommodation for my hardest to house client. I was successful - but the client didn't follow through with picking up the rent money. Not cool. This morning I managed to track the person down, drive the person to pick up the cheque, go to the bank to cash the cheque, take the money to the accommodation, pay the rent, and put the receipt on file. That is good. What else is good? Yesterday at Yahtzee, two people rolled two Yahtzees each. I know. I rolled zero Yahtzees. I felt a bit hurt by the dice. But my wounds will heal.
I am heading to Vermilion tonight. The fair started yesterday. Tomorrow I will be lunching with some people from high school. And then I will be going to the tractor pull. I cannot stop thinking about how I can't wait for those tractors. I will probably be entertained for about 1o minutes, but the anticipation will stay with me forever.
Hmm...what else? The mortgage people called me yesterday to ask some questions. Here's a quick update on the housing community thing. After looking at a number of options, my crew has decided to not become a co-op, and not be joint tenants, or any of the other options that I've written about. We decided to incorporate as a business. The business will be buying a building, we will help the mortgage by putting in share loans that the business will one day pay us back. We will be renting from the company. We talked to an accountant for feedback, and he thought that the idea was fabulous. Now, when I give the latest update to my folks, I can say: listen, the accountant said it was a fabulous idea. I am totally addicted to real estate websites. I think I will go into withdrawal when we finally buy a place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to clarify that it was two yahtzee's in a row. Not just two yahtzee's.

Your favorite coworkers ever.