Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Blood Money

Augh. One step forward, fifty steps back. I am feeling a bit discouraged right now. Why did we decide that money is adequate compensation for pain? I know someone who bought an RV with their residential school settlement. I know someone who bought hookers and mouthwash with their residential school settlement. I need balance. Sometimes I wish that I didn't love the people that I love. I would then be without love, and I guess that wouldn't make me feel any more balanced. Would life be any easier if I felt drawn to care for middle-class stay at home moms? I wish I could find reprieve from my life for just a little while. I guess that's what dancing and sewing machines are for. I know life isn't about being easy but why does it have to be so much about pain?

3 comments:

kelseydawn said...

dear angie,

are you going to be in vermilion during the fair?
if you are i think we should go for lunch or tea or milkshakes or something. basically i am asking you on a date.

from,
kelsey

ms. maybe said...

A date, hey? I've heard of the concept... I WILL be around for the fair (when I'm not reunion-ing with my former classmates). And we SHOULD hang out. Maybe even do some dancing????

kelseydawn said...

yea.. i've learned something about myself over the past few years regarding dancing at fair; i am almost all talk and practically no action.