Saturday, July 05, 2008

Looking for a Door

The almost 30 thing is still in my thoughts. I like my life in general. It is not perfect, but I am generally happy in it. I have really good people in my life. I have an ipod full of awesomeness, I am able to go to the library multiple times a week. Life is quite good. I am single. That is also quite good. I don't deal with boy drama very well and I have enough drama in other areas of my life. Due to my self awareness, and my distaste for unnecessary drama, I am unable to really enter the casual dating  scene. I am almost 30 and everyone knows that if you are not married by 30, then you might as well join the group at church for the perpetually single. This means that I now have less than 2 years to find myself a husband or I will be single forever and never get a choice room when visiting my folks. Only couples get a good room. I will have to move a mattress into the kitchen every Christmas for the rest of my life. I want a room with a door. In order to get a door, I first need to get a husband. So it is time. 
This is not an easy task for me. I am very particular and somewhat snotty and I don't really like guys. I can and do like guys, but I don't really like guys as a category. As a category, men yell out the windows of their SUVs. They drive SUVs. They....  Because of the dirty few I respond to all with my scowl of death. The scowl of death is not going to help me get a door.
This is all I am looking for. Appropriate age. Not a committed meat eater. Social justice advocate. Likes music. Nice pants. Likes Jesus. Now why is that so hard? Probably because I give every boy I meet the scowl of death. Maybe I should change my goal from getting a door to getting a puppy. Or develop a shopping addiction. I could go shopping with my puppy. It would be so awesome. 
ps. Listen to Bon Iver. You will not be disappointed.

No comments: