Monday, July 14, 2008

Longest Weekend Ever

Highlights of the past weekend:
* Friday night right after work. Party #1. Funny, funny, funny. I left the party at 7:30. I witnessed (second hand) what multiple 3 oz martinis can do to a person by 7:30. Yikes.
* Friday later evening. Party #2. Went to a dance club. Dance beats that I could not dance to. Girls dancing on platforms. Girls with wings swinging. Eww.
* Saturday morning. Mom woke me up by calling but didn't leave a message. She and dad once again neglected to give me any warning that they were coming to town. I missed them. They ran into friends at the Art Walk. Mom told my friend that she really hopes I find a partner. Awkward.
* Saturday afternoon. Went to a meeting. The key member was driving back to the province. Meeting rescheduled.
* Saturday early evening. Went to a modern dance performance. I am now going to try to convince all my friends to join me in a collaborative dance troupe.
* Saturday mid-evening. Nachos. I eat them once in a while now and they don't kill me. I had a headache and a nurse gave me a Tylenol. I asked what the 3 meant on the back (I hate coedine) and she said "300 mg" and I said "okay" then put it in my mouth. Then spit it back out when she said "wait! 3?"
* Saturday late evening. Keg party at Andy's.
* Sunday morning. Church was good. I liked it.
* Sunday early evening. The door bell rang. I thought it was a friend. It was someone looking for food. Maybe some soup. After looking through my cupboards, I ended up giving him a banana and a red pepper. It may be time to go shopping.
* Sunday evening. Party #3. I washed my punch bowl. Put frozen juice concentrate in bowl. Small crack formed. I said "it's just a small crack, it's not leaking, it'll be okay". I proceeded to pour litre after litre into the bowl. The bowl broke in two, covering me in juice. I think the floor will be sticky for the next four months.
* Sunday evening continued. Friend came back from lake. Friend went to garage sale. Friend bought me pink converse high tops. Size 7.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I really hope they fit! Tomorrow the are yours.

Becky said...

I am convinced. I meant to ask you how that was. I really really wished I could have come.

Sorry about the juice. Let's have lunch together tomorrow.