Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Saturday in the Life of a Spoiled Brat

I left work early on Friday because I thought that there was a good chance that I would go crazy if I stayed one minute longer. I ended up going to my parents (I wanted to make up for my poor performance over Easter. I was terribly miserable and Mommy called days later to check up on my mental health). I am in Vermilion, and boy what I day I had.
I woke up at 8:00 to get Justin Timberlake tickets. In the old days there were rumours of being able to call a ticketmaster from a different time zone and be able to get tickets a couple hours early. I tried it, but I think they smartened up. The line was automated and shut down my plan. I was up and decided to be helpful and I put a grout sealer on the tiles in the room I was staying in. Then my dad came back from washing my car. (My dad washed my car). Then he vaccuumed the interior and informed me that I had a rotting apple in it. Then he took the floor mats back to the car wash to, you know, get them really clean.
It was 9:55 when I plopped myself back on the computer. I logged into my ticketmaster account and by 10:02 I had purchased 4 tickets to see JT. Oh wow. I am going to feel so old and so happy that night. Then I was reading the paper and I found out that Chad VanGaalen is opening up for Feist. I love CVG but the last time I saw him was at a CD release party at the Sidetrack and he didn't appear to really want to be there and he went on a tirade that was kind of offensive. I hope he wants to be at the Winspear on the 18th. I hope. I hope.
Then I went with my mom to get groceries and I bought some spray paint to paint my table legs that I've been meaning to paint for a year but I've been just too lazy to do. When I got home my dad was all ready to paint them for me, and I let him. I was hanging out so I wouldn't feel like I was taking advantage of him too much and I realized that my hoodie looked a little sparkly from the paint that wafted my way. And then I realized that I also had paint on my glasses. Luckily it came off with soap. When I was in high school, I spray painted a big cardboard roll that once held linoleum. I painted it gold and then put mini lights on it and it felt festive all year round. While I was painting it, I totally got my glasses. I couldn't get it off, so I tried...steel wool. I tried to clean my GLASSES with STEEL WOOL. Fortunately, I still had warranty on my glasses. I sat in the car while my mom brought them in. I was a little on the embarrased side.
Overall, this was a very good Saturday. I am going to see Justin Timberlake and I don't have paint on my glasses. What more could a girl ask for?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear angie,

caylie told me to check out your blog to help satisfy my appetite for blog-reading.
...so i did... and i liked it... and i'll be back!

your newest blog fan,
kelsey snelgrove

Heidi said...

Hey girl,
Sounds like a good Saturday. Parents can be good to us. I love letting my dad do things for me!

Heidi said...

HOLY CRAP we are going to JT! We are soooooo old!