Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Billy Billy M, Where Are You?

I like this time of year because it's not super cold and it stays light out for longer. I walked home and it was still light out at 8:30!! As I was waiting for the walk light, a big truck drove by. It was, probably like a half ton, and it made my hand vibrate as it sped past. And I thought: Wow. That big half ton (half tonne?) truck sure made my hand vibrate. I also thought: What does the phrase "full of piss and vinegar" mean? So I went home and did a little search and found out that it means: rowdy, boisterous, full of youthful energy. And then I thought: I don't think a truck can be full of youthful energy. And then I thought: I wonder if I'll ever use that phrase? And, you know what? I just did.

I like short work weeks because that means that I'm not at work as much as I usually am. No. I'm not lazy; I just would rather do other things like march around an abandoned hotel three times. Oh yah, I marched around an abandoned hotel three times yesterday with an unnamed friend who lives on my street. It was really fun. I think people that saw us probably thought: Wow. Those girls sure are full of piss and vinegar. One of the tasks we have to do before our next "community meeting" is to get out and walk and pray about an area of the city. This is something that I believe God has been asking me to do for the past two years and I have done very little of. It's surprisingly surprising how fulfilling it is to just do what God asks you to do. Marching around an abandoned building might seem like a better use of time if I was trying to score some crack, but I think just being with the Creator and following Her lead was actually the best use of my time. Why is it these simple lessons that I have learned over and over the lessons that I still need to learn? Maybe it's putting the lessons into practice more than learning the lesson. Right-oh.
It look me about five tries to spell the, I usually type h-t-e. I then I remembered how Douglas Coupland wrote about surveillance technology that could identify people by the way they type. Man, that guy's a genius. Hi Brian. Thanks for reading my blog. xxoxo angie

**Note: this posting is much breezier than the one I just deleted. If you are an avid reader, you may remember a very sad clown and a mention of the ever-miserable Mr. Murray. From now on, it's only rainbows and giggles. Rainbows and giggles.**

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hey friend. I think you are cool. xoxoxo