Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mini Freak Out

Augh! It's my 1o year high school reunion this year and I am currently receiving an onslaught of Facebook messages regarding said reunion and at this moment it is freaking me out. Maybe it's just tonight: the cider, the Harry Potter that is leading to my sense of holy sh*t... but holy sh*t! I don't know why its freaking me out. I think it's because I was a weird quiet kid in school and although I'm now not as quiet... 
Maybe it's because I was completely forgettable and it will feel weird to be there with my friends who were less forgettable. I'm hoping that Heidi and Lauryn will both come. Lauryn was an athlete and Heidi was active in school council stuff. I was the kind of kid that no one has any reason to remember. I was average in every possible way. Not popular. Not a loner. Not picked on. Not a bully. Not much of anything. It is seriously causing me intense turmoil at this moment. Maybe it's the cider.  I can just picture the conversations: uh... who are you? Right. And you went to school with us? Right. Yeah. I kind of remember you. Are you married? (and then the conversation ends when I vomit on the person's shoes). 
And...back to my cider. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Sorry for your anxiety. We should both make up fake interesting stories about our WILD lives since high school. Perhaps I will tell everyone that I am a llama farmer - the possibilities are endless.