Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Digging-est Dog


There are fire trucks outside my place right now. The fire alarm from the next building just went off. My guess is that there was a fire. When I was younger, I remember thinking that if I was ever in a building that was on fire, I would just jump in the shower. It seemed like the smartest solution. How can you burn when you're soaking wet? I later found out about the power of smoke and having the ceiling cave on one's head. Now if I'm ever in a building that is one fire I will plan on using the nearest exit and stay low to the ground. 
Last night I saw "Juno" (finally) and it was really great. I knew that I really liked it when Belle and Sebastian started playing (how predictable, I know). I was hoping that they were going to play "Stars of Track and Field" but I guess that was too obvious? I think that "Stars" is one of my favorite B&S songs. But then again, they are all my favorite. 
So...I went to my first allergy desensitization session this week. And it was heffing nuts. Absolutely crazy. Tuning forks. Cold laser. Coloured glasses. Sander-buffer thing. These are a few highlights. 
I also went to the dentist this week to get a filling. I had a cavity filled when I was a kid, but that was a long time ago. I found this experience quite traumatic. The part I hated most was the mouth dam. I did not like that. I was trying to tell two co-workers about the experience and this is an excerpt of what I described: "and then she asked me if I ever had a rubber dam in my mouth". Yeah... it was not until the words were out of my mouth that I realized what I had said. The assistant did not ask me that question in those words, by the way. For someone so wholesome, there is some crazy shit that comes out of my mouth. Yikes.
Today there was the Homeless Memorial. It was sad, but nice to be around people who care. People live such rough lives. I feel sad for myself when my leg goes numb, or when I want to eat a muffin. I can go home and do yoga and bake some GF stuff. Life could be so much harder. 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You're right - getting into the shower during a fire not such a good idea.