Sunday, January 27, 2008

Fish Eater?

I have been wrestling with the idea of starting to take fish oil supplements. The idea repulses me and makes me feel a bit guilty. I have been praying that God would give me really clear direction on this one. A dream. Something. Anything. Yesterday I began to think about how the Creator made us all interdependent. I depend on fish to sustain certain ecosystems. Fish sometimes benefit from people removing a couple of them from ecosystems. If a fish can be used to heal me, then I can believe that for this time in my life, healing from the Creator is through fish. It still disturbs me that I may have to put parts of a once living creature through my mouth, but God will give me strength. I hope I don’t cry. That would look really wimpy.

On a different note, I am now a believer in the power of nasal irrigation systems. I finally got a Neti Pot. It is WONDERFUL. For a gal with allergies and a constant case of the “stuffies” this little bad boy has changed my life. I have been using it every morning, and I feel moisturized and I breathe so much easier. Apparently you can get plastic ones at drugstores. I haven’t seen one yet, but once I do…I will buy probably more than one and give them to allergy-d and sinus infection prone family and friends. It is that good.

Yesterday I was at my friendly-neighborhood big box stationary store (not so friendly, not in my neighborhood) and there were these light-up pens with Bambi in them (for 99 cents) and I did just what that store wanted me to do, and I bought one. I even tried to think of why I wanted that pen. Do I need another pen? No. I bought it because it had floaty sparkles and a plastic Bambi in AND it lit up. I am SUCH a sucker for stationary.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I loved the pen story. Who could resist and sparkling Bambi pen? You could have to have a heart of stone.