Monday, October 01, 2007

Today's Quiz

Circle the correct answer:
a) Today I got in trouble for shaking the vending machine at work
b) Today I got in trouble for playing Dwight Yoakam too loud at work
c) Today I DIDN’T buy a card at the Artworks
d) All of the above
If you selected “d” you win the prize (of my undying love). Congrats!!!
As a result of “a” and “b” I am feeling sheepish. I hate getting in trouble. I hate thrilling things. I hate playing pranks on people (except for prank phone calls – but even then I keep it fairly non-thrilling). I don’t like thrilling sports. I don’t ever want to go hang gliding or sky diving or box. I never want to box (I got punched in the face one too many times already). I don’t like getting in trouble – it feels like a bit of a thrill. I just don’t like my heart racing if it’s not for aerobic purposes. I just don’t do it. So when my phone rang today from a nearby cubicle informing me that my music was too loud and that she was trying to concentrate; my heart started to race and I wasn’t dancing or jogging or walking briskly and I felt like crap and still feel like crap. Oh well. Today is the Monday of the week that Esther gets to marry Joel. I think it’s going to be a good week.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh I hate getting in trouble too. Mainly because I want people to like me. Yes, you did exhibit great will power especially when you saw that roller skate care. Yeah for E-squared I can't wait!

Unknown said...

I say, play some belle and sebastian tomorrow.

Unknown said...

And then kick the vending machine.

Anonymous said...

do you have a heart condition? is that why you don't want any thrills? what's the deal?