Wednesday, May 23, 2007

P-O-P-U-L-A-R !



Today I realized that I am really really popular. I've never been popular before. I've been quite unpopular - but never p-o-p-ular. I had to drop off some papers at a client's home early this morning and as I was walking I said hi to almost everyone I passed and almost everyone recognized me and smiled at me and I smiled at them and I loved it. Wanna know the real reason I like working with street people? I like being popular.
A strange boy once told me that he liked that I wasn't a "friend whore". Not quite sure what he meant by that but I think he meant that he appreciated that I don't have a need for a whole lot of friends. I may not be a friend whore, but I am becoming increasingly aware that I am an "emotional slut". I will share whatever with whoever gives me the time of day. My favorite "games" or not games at all but talking times where I get spill out my insides. Thank goodness for the blogosphere. It's nice to have an audience (even if it is small).

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oops that last one didn't work. I just wanted to say that being popular in the hood is where it's at!