Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mr. Darcy, Where Are You?

I think I may be addicted to Jane Austen. That may be a bit of an exaggeration as I haven't picked up one of her books for a long time. I really like getting reacquainted to Mr. Knightly on the beach. (And, well, it's more blizzard than beach right now). I cannot think of a better beach book than Emma. But the object of my current love is not Mr. Knightly, but Mr. Darcy. Oh boy. I watched the newer version of Pride and Prejudice and I'm hooked. I've watched it twice in one week and I'm using all my strength to pause it so I can watch The Office in a few minutes.
Many many years ago I met someone with an Irish name and we didn't get along very well and we did not fall in love. I think he did make me cry a few times though. I am glad that we did not fall in love- but the hate turned to love thing worked very well for Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. So, for all you cats out there ...I just missed the first f'n minutes of The Office. Draw your own conclusions please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is probably a good thing Mr.Darcy doesn't really exist. He is WAY too good to be true. Colin Firth is still my favorite.