Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Sower


I went to the library today to pick up a copy of Henri Nouwen's "Peacework: Prayer, Resistance, and Community." Although I have not yet started reading the book I think I will love it. Wanna know why? I'll tell you why. For a lengthy period of time when I would think of Jesus I would see Jean Francois Millet's painting "The Sower," and then it evolved to Van Gogh's take on "The Sower". In my mind's eye, Jesus was the sower. I believe that some of the seeds that Jesus was sowing were seeds of justice. Needless to say, I was THRILLED to pick up "Peacework" and discover Van Gogh's version is on the cover. I can hardly wait for Jesus to teach me while I read. I just can't wait. Yes I can.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Angie, I really love how you get excited about God and what He is doing. You are good at fostering passion. I really hope you enjoy the book. Let me know what you think when you are all done.

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Angie,
I love reading your blog. It makes me feel excited myself about Jesus. Keep the posts coming, they keep me connected across the miles.
Jess