Sunday, November 05, 2006

In Love With Life and Air Guitar

I am so in love with community. I love sharing my life with people I love. I love that in community I am forced to live my life with people even on the days that I don't want to live. I love learning from people who are sometimes very similar and sometimes very different from myself. I love how I can give more love when I'm surrounded in loving relationships. I love that parties errupt from community. I love airbanding in community. (I love airbanding).
As mentioned on my last posting, the next airband party is coming up in a couple weeks. There's nothing like a little bit of spandex and eyeliner that brings people together. I'm terribly excited about this party. I love dancing. I love exessive costumes. I love guitar shaped cakes. I love watching people trash it up and rock out. So, here are some photos from last year (just a little tease of the event to come).








On a completely different topic, today I remembered how one year when I was a camp counselor at a conservative Christian Bible camp I convinced all the girls in my cabin to embrace the anthem: lewd! crude! slightly nude! Sigh...

2 comments:

dargz said...

that pic of peter is just soooo funny - oh sweat pants.
almost as good as a mustache.
now imagine peter with sweat pants and a mustache at the SAME TIME!

Heidi said...

I know I can't wait. I have to start working on my costume. Oh I really hope Peter comes this year! I love your heart for community.