Thursday, August 02, 2007

Goodbye

One of our guys died today. He was the guy that could make me more miserable than anyone. He was the main character in more than one of my rants. He was also a very lovely man with an addiction. That addiction tried to steal his goodness. His goodness was always present, but often tainted. A few months ago he sat in my office weeping as he just lost one of his best friends. I hope they're together now bringing healing and comfort and love to each other. He got a hair cut this week and he looked very nice. I wanted to tell him that it looked good, but there is a good chance that it would have taken a turn for the worst so I said nothing. I don't regret not telling him - but I hope he knew that he looked very nice. I'm quite concerned about one of his buddies. They were like brothers. A coworker compared the two to the the old heckling men on the Muppet Show. God, please save him from himself. Protect him as he copes with this loss. Bring him hope. Bring him comfort. Bring him healing. Make him whole.
I feel so weird right now. I've just lost the person who sometimes made it hard for me to go to work in the morning. I've just lost someone who frustrated me so badly, and made me sad for the losses in his life. He worked hard, too hard, and lost his family. He believed in God and we chatted about how it's the same Jesus in all the churches. He would constantly get in my personal space, and I would constantly remind him that I needed space and then he would get in my space and then I would tell him that it was inappropriate and then he would tell me he found me attractive and then I would tell him that it was inappropriate and that I couldn't talk to him until he treated me with respect and then he would tell him that he respected me (with a little shake of his head) and then he would get in my space and then I would leave. God, thank you for my friend. I did not appreciate him enough. He totally drove me nuts. I'm sorry for the times that I was impatient and I gave up on him. Please bring healing to his life now. Please bring reconcilliation between him and his children and his wife. Make things right that got so messed up. Make things right.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I am sorry for your loss. I know our guys they live hard - but still it breaks my heart when they lose the fight.