Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Chin Paint

This morning, I woke up and thought: today is the day I'm gonna write a web log on how I regret buying tickets for the Justin Timberlake show. But then, when I was packing my bag for the day I put JT into my portable disc player (no ipod for me) and I realized my regret was unfounded. I AM GOING TO SEE JT! Woo hoo! It is going to be, like, so freaking awesome!
Woo! Hoo!
Last week was a fun week. Some highlights: I was walking to the first of 2 birthday parties, and I saw a girl on the sidewalk playing the guitar while rollerblading. I don't get girl crushes often...but she was playing the guitar while rollerblading! Aye carumba! I had my first (and possibly last) "Old Fashioned". It's just bourbon on the rocks with bitters and orange and a cherry. I don't think I like bourbon much. The next day (at birthday party number 2) the most adorable man in the world who serves in one of the most delightful diners in the city was at the bubble tea place. His adorable-ness turned into nerdy-ness outside of the diner, but it still felt like a brush with celebrity. On Friday, I went out for drinks with a few coworkers to celebrate buddy's last day. I work where I do for many reasons. One of the reasons is good staff. But in the past few months, all the people that I liked spending my breaks, and mental health moments with keep on leaving me. I still like those that are there, but they don't seem to have enough time for me. Sniff. Not a highlight. But I did drink one cosmo too many and had to regain my sainthood on Jess' couch while I whined about friends leaving me. On Saturday I saw Wilco. Did you hear me? Wilco. And, the eczema is back on my eyelid. Yes. And on Sunday I watched a really great documentary called "Art from the Street". It's about a program in Austin that allows street people to take art "classes" and then once a year there is a huge art show and sale and the people get to keep the money from their art. It was inspiring. Highlights of last week now officially over.
So far the highlight of this week has been a fake moustache.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow you are really good at photoshop. Maybe I should come over sometime and you could help me touch up a few of my photographs.

ms. maybe said...

maybe you should...

cayliedawn said...

angie,
1. i really like that you have girl crushes sometimes. i have girl crushes sometimes, but i don't think people get that they aren't, like, i-want-to-do-it-with-them-crushes. yeesh.
2. i also like that you feel like seeing people on the street or wherever when you usually only see them in one place (like that diner or whatever) feels like a "brush with celebrity." i feel the same way. silly.