Thursday, August 09, 2007

Good Things


This week I moved into a slightly different position, and I moved from a shared office that overlooked the drop-in to a cubicle with windows. I don't have to worry about putting notes on my pen cup to ensure that I have a pen when I arrive in the morning. It's my office. Youpee! And with having windows, I can have plants. Youpee! I was cleaning out my drawers today and I found the library's Jane's Addiction album that is now 2 days overdue (I thought I had lost it). Youpee!
I have sent out a couple work emails encouraging everyone to go to the House of Bags (on 97 street between 105 and 106 ave). Today, a coworker sent out an echo email because she fell in with the place. (You are very welcome, House of Bags. It was a pleasure).
I had a mini discussion with someone who's leaving town soon. How much stuff is too much? Where is the line? He's planning on really simplifying his life this move. Stuff is something that I feel like I need to address in my life (yet again). Where is the line? How many black cardigans do I really need? What is it that God wants from me? Do I need to give up my cardigan collecting habit to be more like Jesus? Okay, so Jesus probably didn't wear cardigans, so I guess I have my answer. How is my stuff cluttering up my spirit? I think maybe more that I would like to believe. Why is that I need to be surrounded by books? (I've bought probably 25 books in the last month, and read only 2. (In my defense I may have the best second hand book source in the city). How is it that I have convinced myself that my footwear and leg wear is something to spend time and energy on? (This weekend I bought a pair of plain white Keds AND a BeDazzler. You do the math). I think that now is the time (again) to reevaluate my need for stuff, the stuff itself, and where my need for stuff is coming from. To tie this rant into the theme of this posting: the talk about stuff was very good timing. Youpee!
I have a cold and at first I thought it was the flu but it's not. Youpee! I took a nighttime decongestant and I think it's kicking in right now. Sleep. Youpee!
zzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey angie,

i just moved into a slightly different position as well and i have my own office now, with a door!! and i put some art up on the walls!

no windows though, you've got me beat there.
enjoy your sunlight!

- kelsey snels.