Thursday, July 29, 2010

Choose Your Own Adventure

I am not one to have a lot of goals. Call me lazy if you must. I have a few dreams. I’d like to be a farmer. I’d like to have nice hair again. The one goal that I’ve had for the last five? six? years has been to see Belle and Sebastian. They haven’t toured North America for years. Last week I decided to take the plunge and buy a ticket for a show in Portland in October. I’m excited. I have been preparing for this show since “Dear Catastrophe Waitress” came out in 2004. I went through a few years of getting dressed in the morning thinking: how would I want to present myself if I was going to a Belle and Sebastian concert today? I’m excited. I have about three months to plan the perfect cardigan-knee sock combination. My tentative plan is to fly to Vancouver where I will meet Becky. She's planning on visiting a friend for a few days. Then we’ll bus/train down to Portland for a couple days of exploring together. She’ll find her way back to Edmonton while I stick around for a bit – maybe go to a show in Seattle. Then I’ll take the train the rest of the way home. I’m excited. I think this adventure will be a good balance of alone and not alone. Train! Bus! Plane! Exploring a new city! Maybe I'll take up knitting again. Maybe I'll read a book or two. With pictures. I'm excited.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I am excited for you and your adventure. Hope you have an awesome time.

kelseydawn said...

i think you would be a great farmer.