Monday, February 23, 2009

Robert Downey Jr. Syndrome

(Note: this post is from last week - I was at a conference at Calgary's U)

I just called my brother. He is filling up his friend's dorm room with balloons, and he just finished filling the sink with jello. I asked if he was on his own. He said no. I said it would be funnier if he was on his own. He said no it would not. And that, dear readers is how I am different from my brother.
I am listening a band that I have a musical crush on. I saw one of the guys in the crowd at a show in the fall. It was just after I left a gala. I was still wearing a gown. I was hoping he didn't notice how nerdy I was wearing a gown in the midst of hipsters. He didn't notice. Sigh.
I think someone just sprayed me with water and it made me sad with myself for not putting much effort into some of my oldest and most treasured friendships. I am a lazy friend sometimes.
I am seriously having a perfect university moment right now. I am sitting in the sun. I am warm. I have good music. I am learning. I am around men who mostly aren't homeless. I miss school. I miss not working.
And now time for a complaint. So there is food at this conference, and there are people that serve the food. I was looking for tea after lunch and the area was quiet and empty. During my search I heard a whistle. I ignored it. Then I heard another whistle. One of the servers walked by me and whistled. I eventually looked up and saw that he was watching me for a reaction. This is annoying on the street and totally inappropriate at one's place of employment. I then heard this phrase escape from my lips: are you fuc*ing kidding me? I was so mad. I really need to stop wearing tube tops. I am so trashy. My top two giftings: the gift of cheerleadership and the gift annoyance.

No comments: