Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm Gifted in Cheerleadership

I want to be a farmer. I am super excited about having a yard. We have peonies, and potentillas (I think), rose bushes, and two apple trees. And grass. Lots of grass. We started talking about what we want planted. I would like to have a big vegetable garden and lots of flowers and whatever will make butterflies and birds and animals want to hang out in our yard. I have to keep reminding myself that it takes years for gardens to develop. Eek!
I also have a dream for a community garden near my work. The centre is next door to a big fenced off piece of land. That land has quite a history and I would really like to be part of redeeming it to something good and beautiful. I have not yet had a chance to run the idea by the big boss, until then I can still have hope. I am fully expecting to pitch this idea and then being told that the land is too political and I don't have a hope in hell. Until then...
We are also talking about commissioning a friend of a friend to paint a mural on our garage. I envision it being "The Sower"esque. (Van Gogh's - when the sower is up close and there is a big sun). We will see. I think that fixing our roof will take precedence over spray paint. Function before beauty.
One more house thing. It looks like I am going to be the only person in my place without a pet. The heaven level has a cat. Above ground have birds and geckos and is applying for a dog. The other bottom dweller just got a cat. I am nervous that I will be allergic to the dog. If I am, then I won't be able to visit any of the other suites for more than a couple hours at a time. Whine whine wine.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Tybalt heard of your dilemma and has been working on his hypoallergenic status. He should be certified any day now.

Brock said...

I am in favour of said community garden. Let me know how I can help. Maybe come springtime we can stage an overnight garden prep trespass. You know, a bunch of us could jump the fence and rototill the whole lot. Maybe plant all the seeds if we have time. Then "what's done is done", they'll have to let our garden grow!