Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Ain't No Party Like a Hipster Party

I have a great view from my office. Trees. Sky. Church. Houses. Shopping carts. It’s pretty much the best view in the city.
And now what you’ve all been waiting for…..review of the JT concert. Yikes. It was an event. Good Charlotte opened. I’ve heard of them before. I don’t like them. In fact, I would go as far as saying they sucked. The banter was uninteresting at best and at times totally offensive. Justin...well he brought sexy back. He danced. He had dancers. I’ve never been to such a production before. I haven’t been to a big show since the 90’s. One of the greatest things about being an adult is being able to go to shows that say “no minors allowed”. I don't like music in arenas. I was really hoping that he’d sing the song “Damn Girl”. And he did! But his dancers were dancing like strippers. I didn’t like that. Damn girl, put your clothes back on.
Now the crowd. I will preface my opinion with this: I am not a hipster, and I am certainly not a scene-ster. That being said, I do, from time to time, find myself at particular scenes with hipsters. I may not entirely understand the life of the hipster, but they are familiar to me, and I feel comfortable around them. The crowd at JT was so weird. Mostly I felt like I was around the cool high school crowd. I don’t know how to describe it any better than that. Clubbers? I dunno.
My favorite part about the night was that I had on the best t-shirt in the joint. It was pink with sparkly pink letters that said: I'm bringing frumpy back. (Funny as shit, I know). No one seemed to think it was as awesome as I did until I was on the train sitting across from an unknown woman who began heartily laughing and told me I was funny. That woman knows funny.

No comments: