Monday, July 30, 2007

Vermilion Fair


The Vermilion Fair was AWESOME for a very short while. I shrieked for about an hour. SHRIEEKKK! Carmel apples! SHRIEEEKK! KM who used to ride my bus asked if I was "married off". SHRIEEEKKK! I ran into Joel and Esther who exited my car about an hour earlier. SHRIEEEKKKK! We're in Vermilion! We're in VERMILION! We went to the beer gardens where all the drinks were only $3. Heidi and I watched a couple for far too long. Is this their first date? Did they meet tonight? Their knees are touching. Will their lips touch before the night is over? Man, oh man. Next year I want to be able to go for longer and look at the displays and the tractor pull and the grandstand show. And I will likely avoid eye contact with all the men again. But maybe I will be even more deliberate about it. (Or maybe I'll enjoy the $3 drinks a little more and be a little less deliberate). You are ALL invited to enjoy the festivities with me next year. So fun.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Sh*t I have been craving a caramel apple since I watched you eat that one at the fair and now you go and post that delicous picture on your blog!

Anonymous said...

i am so, so glad you enjoyed the vermilion fair. i always do, and i usually feel pretty guilty about it. cotton candy! chicks hatching! avoiding eye contact with people from high school! see who's put on weight and who's "married off!" it doesn't get much better!