Friday, March 02, 2012

Welcome Back, Self

So a year of my life has not been documented on the world wide web, and yet the earth continues to rotate. Who would have thought? 2011 was a year of transition. I left my job. I eventually recovered from my job. I gardened and sold vegetables. I ate a lot of dandelions. I went back to school full-time and moved to the heart of the new west to study. I entertained myself with two months of mostly regrettable boy drama. It was a difficult year and I’m glad it’s over. Coming out of the year of transition, I really felt a sense of momentum. Nothing major, but I’m moving into something new.
I’m studying things that I care about. I made a new friend (hey boy) who has caused me to (re)examine and (re)articulate my understanding of my faith: heaven, hell, sin, and the character of God that keeps me rooted. I’ve learned that I am capable of making new friends and that my heart doesn’t entire stop beating when I’m apart from those I love. I learned that I am in love with watching roller derby. I like a sport! Whaaat?! Also, I’ve adopted a new speech pattern where I “abbrev” my words. The words that receive the most abbrev attention are: totally (totes), ridiculous (ridic), obviously (obvs) and my favorite…oh my god laugh out loud (omg lol). That is all for now. I am obvs procrastinating. I’m excited for what is to come. Hey girl.

3 comments:

cayliedawn said...

hey lady,

it was so nice to see you at christmas, and i'm really hoping we'll hang out together a lot more when we are both living in edmonton again. i like learning from you. i like hearing about you learn.

also, i've been abbreviating a lot lately too. it's kind of gross. but it just reclaims so many precious seconds in my life! (maybe?)

Heidi said...

It's nice to seeing you back. I almost lost hope of you returning.

ms. maybe said...

Caylie, it was nice seeing you! We should def (abbrev for definitely) hang out when we both reside in Edmonton. What a day that will be!

Heidi, I'm not going anywhere. Ever.