Thursday, December 06, 2007

A Letter From the Editor

Dear Friends,
I met a girl hound today that gave me the inspiration to get down to business and post. So, here goes: I met a girl hound today that I had heard of through Sarah and Heidi. It was really funny. The thing about the girl hound is that you just have to be a girl to get noticed. I look really really bad today. But I have a ponytail and small feet and sometimes that is all the girl hound is looking for. It made me giggle. The reason I ran into the hound was that he works at the place where one of my favorite guys in the world is staying. So I got a hug from a clean-ish smelling favorite guy AND I now understand the references to this particular hound. (Just to clarify this girl hound is the very best version of this type of offender. He doesn’t do the head to toe scan. He just goes: hey. There’s a girl. I should talk to her for longer than is necessary. He’s not super creepy. Just potentially annoying, usually awkward, and always silly).
I am so relieved that this week is almost over. I have been trying to sleep more and as a result I am less tired and less grumpy and more alert. Very very nice. I met a doctor yesterday who I think I will now call “my doctor”. She was perfect. She is middle aged and has kinda crazy hair and a pink stethoscope. She was efficient with her time but still thorough. She actually asked about my family history. AND she treated my warts (they look very very disgusting today. When I saw Heidi, she drained my blisters for me). She let me finish my sentences. I really really like her. And I’ve been washing my eyes with baby shampoo and they have been clearing up very well and she told met that it sounds like “Blepharitis”. I didn’t say “I know” but I should have. So, it turns out that I don’t have eczema on my eyelids. They finally feel better. They’re not great yet but I’ve stopped crying about them. Yah!
I have been thinking about what I want to change about my life – resolutions for a new year. This is what I have decided. I want to go to less rock shows (specifically less rock shows at shitty venues). I want to watch more movies. I want to clean up my language a bit. (It has gone downhill quickly this past year). I want to see my friends more. I want to be more aware of where my money goes. I want to start working on a down payment for my part of the community housing. I want to eat more chocolate. I want to dance more. I want to dance constantly.
So that is it for now. My computer is dead which has really affected my blogging ability. Hopefully my computer situation will be resolved soon. Then I will post 3-4 times a day. Every day. I know. I can hardly wait.
Peace and Love,
ANGIE JEAN

3 comments:

cayliedawn said...

i really, really like that you talk about warts, itchy eyelids, and draining blisters on your blog.

i like your resolutions. all of them. especially dancing. i feel like a weekend is totally wasted if i haven't had a chance to dance or craft. ugh.

ms. maybe said...

Thanks for liking my body talk. I am probably the grossest girl I know.

Heidi said...

I am very happy your eyes are better and that your new much improved doctor agreed with your diagnosis.
Oh girl hound - you just have to shut that guy down sometimes just to get him to stop.