Saturday, December 29, 2007

Happy Half Birthday

Today was my half-birthday and boy did I ever celebrate. I made blueberry muffins and drank coffee and cleaned my kitchen and had a shower and saw Jess and ate potatoes and watched Arrested Development and Pride and Prejudice and drank daquiris. Phew. Wow. What a jam packed day. I kind of wish that I had jam. I like jam but almost never eat it. I will be 28 in 6 months. One of my favorite things to do is say things to Heidi like "Wow. You're on your way to 29 and I'm only 27". I can still do that now. If I could go back in time, I would have said it more. I only have six months left...
I have neglected to mention that I have a working computer once more. It's nice to know that I can turn it on and it will stay on. (Note: I giggled after the first "on" in the previous sentence. I think that I need to start leaving my house more). 
I have been alone a lot the last few days. Partly because I am afraid of public transit and my car (motion sickness has reared its UGLY head once more). Partly because I needed a prolonged break. I am looking forward to leaving my house tomorrow morning to see my people and I feel ready to go back to work. I have a bad habit of not wanting to waste my holiday time when I feel burned. I keep on trying to save up it all up for something good when I'm feeling well. But, hello! I will never feel well if I don't take some time for myself when I'm unwell. It's so simple.
I have spent much of the day reading about housing co-operatives. I just don't know what the right organization system is for the future community that will make all my dreams come true. My parents have satellite television and I watched a lot of home improvement shows. I really hate painting but I really wish I had to paint my home. Mmmm.... I am often glad that I as a child I didn't imagine my adult life. I didn't have any ideas of marriage or a wedding or career or children or hairstyle. I may have imagined my ideal jewelry box and I think I have that covered. It's a bit embarrassing but I have accessorized the same way for the past 20 years. If it's big, if it's plastic I will wear it. 
I'm trying to write less about my health, but as there is nothing else happening in my life (no recent punches to the face) I just find myself not writing. So, I'll write about my health. I have never been diagnosed with Celiacs and so have assumed that I just have a sensitivity to gluten. But, this assumption has recently been shaken. I am not too keen on eating ridiculous amounts of bread for a few months and then get my villi checked, but I have a better plan. I am going to wait it out until I do the desensitization reprogramming stuff and then get retested for gluten and then if I still react I will assume that I am the C-word (not that C-word, Dirty). 
Eye update: they still suck, but are better than before. I had a stye and I it seemed to have left, but now it's back. 
**Note on Pride and Prejudice they are at the ball and Mr. Darcy just asked Elizabeth to dance.  Yes.**

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Happy half birthday! I was missing you so I went to your blog and was happy to see a new entry. Yes, the Heidi is older than me joke never gets old does it. I saw "Juno" without you, sorry, but it was delightful and I will go again with you if you want.