Wednesday, August 30, 2006

End of the Century



I feel like it's the end of the century. I just finished a contract. I started my first blog. I went out with work people and liked it. Change is in the air. It smells a bit like smog.
At work today I was told that I do the "straight man" very well (ummm... that sounds way sexier than it was). Apparently that may be due to my generations' need to be cooler than everything to be cool; to like things for irony rather than actually liking it for what it is. I disagreed. I said, "listen, my favorite movie is 'Saved'. Mandy Moore is in it for crying out loud. I can like nerdy things for what they are. I do not need to like something ironically to feel cool". Then I realized that I like it because it's terribly sarcastic and as a Christian who dislikes Christian culture I like it because it reminds me that I'm cooler than everything Christian. Mmmm...

No comments: